As a professional portrait photographer, I have had the immense pleasure of capturing some of life’s most precious moments. That being said none are quite as special as the arrival of a newborn baby.
Did you know that September is one of the highest birth rate months of the year? I also celebrate my very own birthday in September! If you are currently in your third trimester and expecting your little bundle of joy in September, its time to think about booking your newborn portrait session.
Why Book a Newborn Portrait Session?
The newborn phase is fleeting, with babies changing and growing each day. Newborn photography allows you to capture those first few weeks of life. Preserving the tiny details – those little fingers and toes, the soft curl of their hair, the peaceful moments of sleep and the first attempts at wide eyed curiosity. You don’t really know how precious this time is until many moths later. I meet so many parents who tell me they wishes they had had newborn portraits done.
Booking Early – Secure Your September Slot
Given the high birth rate in September, I experience a surge in demand for newborn sessions. To ensure you secure a slot, it is essential to book early, ideally before your baby arrives.It is one less thing to worry about in those busy first few weeks of parenthood. You can contact me to check if I have availability around your due date here.
How to Book Your Session?
- Contact the Studio: Get in touch with us via email or phone. We’ll guide you through the process, answer any questions you might have and help you secure a tentative slot based on your due date.
- Before the Session: We’ll have a detailed conversation about your preferences – colours, poses, props or any specific concepts you want to incorporate. If you wish to be included in the portraits or include other family members. We will discuss outfit choices and make sure everything is customised for you. September allows us to use so many beautiful autumnal colours and props.
- Flexibility: We understand that babies operate on their own schedule. If your baby arrives earlier or later than expected we will adjust your booking accordingly.
- The Session: Our goal is to create a calm, soothing environment for your baby as well as you. We work at your baby’s pace, allowing plenty of time for feeding, changing and comforting. Newborn safety and comfort is my top priority.
- After the Session: Once the session is over, I will work on perfecting your images. Then we will arrange a viewing appointment for your to come back and select your favourite images. These can be turned in to a. variety of beautiful products such as print, wall art or albums.
With all the anticipation and excitement of your approaching due date, it is easy to overlook planning for a newborn portrait session. But remember those first few weeks will pass by in the blink of an eye and there is a unique magic in those early days that’s worth capturing. So why not get ahead of the September rush and secure your newborn session today. Let’s freeze those precious moments and create a timeless keepsake of memories that you and your family will treasure forever.
If you enjoyed this blog – Anticipating Your September Star Booking Your Newborn Portrait Session
Take a look at my beautiful newborn gallery here or get in touch to book your session or have any further questions.
All images featured in this blog are Copyright of Sage and Eve Photography